Monday, December 7, 2009

Writing Year

Seeing as it is early December still, I thought I would take a moment to go over something for the truly dedicated writer. This is not the same type of crowd that National Novel Writing Month draws, but a more serious type of person who wants to do as much writing as possible.

Writing Year, or WriYe, is very similiar to NaNoWriMo with several significant differences. First, it isn't officially associated with NaNoWriMo in anyway. While NaNoWriMo influenced the creation of WriYe, it is a beast all of its own.

As such, you are not required to write 40k/month for an entire year. Instead, you set a goal for yourself and see if you can make it.

I'm setting a rather lofty and probably impossible goal of 1,000,000 words. Hey, never know if I don't try, and I'm sure I'll be very satisfied with whatever amount I get. If I do make it, I'll be pleased beyond expression. For now, I will view it as a good motivation to try to write as much as possible.

There are very few rules when it comes to WriYe, except the obvious be nice to your neighbors and don't cheat. The only person you are cheating in this case is yourself.

I have never done WriYe before, so this is new territory for me. However, I will treat it in the same fashion I treat NaNoWriMo -- if I make it, great. If not, I had fun trying, but it isn't worth sacrificing writing quality for.

I just thought those writers out there might be interested in participating. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment